Thursday 13 August 2015

Pete's Farm Banana Muffins

All along I love banana bread (kuih) as it is easy to make and it is a very popular choice among my kids. I have a recipe on my banana bread loaf which I simply adore but now I have another recipe that is a hot favourite among friends and family too! This recipe was given to me back in 2012 during a trip to New Zealand by a very generous lady named Gaye who runs Pete's Farm in New Zealand. She is the farmer's wife and she made hearty yummy breakfast for us during our farm stay then. One of the breakfast items was banana muffins and her banana muffins were so yummy! They were full of flavour, moist and the most interesting part was the muffins had crispy tops! I wasted no time in asking her for the recipe in which she had kindly shared with me. Recently I asked her for permission to share this recipe publicly on my blog as there are many people often asking me for it after seeing the photos of the muffins I made. She has kindly agreed to it so here I am sharing this delicious bake with all of you!

 
 
Adapted from recipe given by Gaye (Pete's Farm)
 
Yields: 8-10 muffins
 
Ingredients:

- 75gm unsalted butter
- 6 ripe Kampung bananas
- 155gm caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 225gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- brown sugar (for sprinkling)
- cinnamon powder (for sprinkling)
 
Method:

1. Melt butter gently and set aside to cool.

2. Mash the ripe bananas with a fork. You can leave some chunks if you prefer to have noticeable banana bits in your muffins.

3. Add caster sugar to mashed bananas and mix well.

4. Mix beaten egg in and mix well.

5. Add in cooled melted butter and stir to ensure a homogeneous mixture.

6. Sift in plain flour and baking soda in a few additions and fold gently.

7. Line muffin trays with cupcake liners.

8. Scoop about 2 big soup-spoonfuls of batter into each cupcake liner, about 80% full.

9. Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top,  followed by brown sugar.

10. Bake in preheated oven at 190C (non fan forced) for about 25 min or until tester comes out clean. If you are baking on more than one rack, bake at 190C (fan forced) for about 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment